lørdag 19. november 2011

Storyboard

I've finished the storyboard for "Chris & Joy" (bringing it all together task).

Also started to test the rigs together in the scene. So far it seems a bit difficult because I can't scale the rigs without messing them up. But I'll hopefully find a solution to this tomorrow.

I started out with drawing down some key-poses on paper, and then photographed it and used it as reference. Then I did the rest of the storyboard in Photoshop.
I like to do the ground-work by hand, but I usually make the complete storyboard digitally just because it's easier to correct it if I make a mistake.

Here is the key-pose sketches:



And here is the finished storyboard pages;








Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, check out the latest Scrat-short from Blue Sky Studios:



I just love the animation-style they use on Scrat. There is a lot of contrast, from super-fast to slow body movements and the way they use his eyes to show his reactions and emotions.
You can see a good example of the contrast in the beginning of the short;
When he drags himself slowly through the sand and grabs on to the palm tree. His feet starts moving really rapidly until they get a grip and he slows down again, out of breath. And then he slowly turns his head, sees the skeleton and after a seconds pause he realize what he sees and he freaks out and the moves are fast again. Lovely!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar