tirsdag 1. november 2011

Lecture and feedback

Today we had a lecture on "Body mechanics". It was some parts in there that some of us had been through before (the ones that did Penny's character animation module last year), but I have to say it was really helpful to get a repetition on the subject because this is a big one..
There are so many parts of it that relates to physics so it includes a lot of difficult phrases and terms. But when these get linked up to the animation-principles it really does make sense, and it also makes it easier to understand.
The most important things I learned today was on
Internal and External energy/force.

In short;
Internal energy comes from "inside" the character, it is acted out and mind-driven movement.

External energy/forces influence the character/object from the "outside"
(the nr.1 external force is gravity.)

We also learned about "inertia" and "momentum" which are a way to describe that objects want to stay still until it is for instance; pushed (inertia). It then wants to keep moving until it is forced to stop (momentum).

The most important thing to remember is that; Movement has meaning!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, over to the poses and the feedback I got.

As I understood it five out of six poses are working pretty good, the thing I needed to change was the first pose in "What's inside". I quite like the staging in that pose, but I agree with the feedback which was that it leaves a gap between Jack in the fridge and the next pose where Jack is sitting on the floor.
So instead I sketched out a pose where he is sitting on the floor with the jar next to him,
and took a reference photo:



On the "Waiting to start"-sequence I need to stage it a bit different so that the dumbbells does not cover up so much of the poses, because at the moment you can't see the character in full. And since the dumbbells aren't going to be used in the scene for anything else than helping me tell the story, this is just poor camera-staging from my part.

- Also need to stick to one camera for each sequence.
(to keep some consistency to the sequences)


I have finished the drawn version of the new pose "What's inside"-pose and now I'm going to work on the 3D version.

And here is the new pose-sheet with a updated story to match the new pose:


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar