søndag 6. november 2011

Blocking Angus walk

I have been blocking this weekend.
Finished the key poses yesterday and timed it out so I have started to work on the breakdowns now. I still work with stepped keys because I want to get as much information as possible in there before I have to move on to linear keys.
I am struggling a bit with the transition from calm and back to "tough guy", but hopefully it will be more clear now that I am working on pushing the poses a bit more. I want to exaggerate it so it's easier to understand, but I don't want to overdo it either.. Tricky stuff.

The hardest part is definitively the walk. I hope the attitude shows, because that is the only way to show Angus personality in this task. Could of course make a really tough facial expression but in the end, if the walk doesn't show him as tough it won't be believable.

I figured out the tempo yesterday on my way over to the lab. I watched people in front of me and counted the beats in my head, and almost everyone walked in so called march-time. When I walked behind them I counted about half a second for each step.
I acted it out as well, but it varied from 1 second to 1,6 so I decided to go with the tempo that looked best when I looked at my animation, so Angus is now walking on 12's. (normal walk)

Anyway, here are some wip videos:

Key-Poses:



Added breakdowns:



I had to get rid of a lot of poses yesterday. Angus was originally stretching and looking around more when he waited to cross the road. But I found that I needed a lot more time to work with to make this look good. Don't want the animation to suffer because it needs to rush from pose to pose, so I got rid of it and tried to work on a more subtle way to show him waiting. The important thing is that he loses his attitude and becomes calm and thoughtful.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar