tirsdag 22. november 2011

Practical, feedback and breakdowns.

Today's lecture became a practical, so I got do work more on the piece while Penny was available for us to ask for feedback and so on. I showed her my wip and got some useful pointers on what I needed to work on. There was lack of character to the puppy, so I have been working on the attitude of the ball w/tail and also continued to work on the breakdowns. I am currently working on the "secondary breakdowns", which basically means the poses between the breakdowns and key poses.
These are really vital to get the walk correct.
In a walk you have the contact pose - passing pose - contact pose, in this case the passing is the breakdown. But you also need to add down and up position to get the weight in there so these become your secondary breakdowns. You also need to add breakdowns and secondary breakdowns between the other poses so that the transition between them is clear when you move on to linear keys. So that's what I have been working on today.

- I'm still working with step-keys, and here is a preview of my current wip:




I got a lot of useful feedback from my friend Daniel (previous Ma student) via skype this afternoon as well. And as I understood it the story was pretty clear so I'm quite happy with that.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar