mandag 9. januar 2012

Some research, sketches and preparations for show and tell

As posted earlier I got my results for AP1 back, and one thing I noticed was that I have had a tendency to overdo the follow-though on arms in my animations. So I have tried to read up on this, how to give more flexibility to the arms.

This is what I found in "The animator's survival kit" on the subject:



(The drawing is basically the same as in the book, but I won't scan any of the pages and put them on here..)

- I am going to keep this in mind from now on and it will hopefully be really useful to help improve my next animations.


I have also done a bit of observational studies on people. The setting is at an airport since I just were at two of them - and the subject is waiting.
What I found was that now a days people are almost never just waiting.. With all the tablets, smart-phones and so on, people don't seem to mind waiting.
With exception of young children and elderly of course, since they usually don't use these kind of things to help pass the time.

Here's a sketch I did from the airport-lounge:





And two poses I saw in town:



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I have worked more on the blocking for the "sing & Dance"-animation, it's going along pretty slowly at the moment. But I want to be sure that I get my storytelling poses right, so I use a lot of time on every pose. I actually used nearly two hours on two poses and ended up deleting them afterwards. Those moments are quite annoying to be honest, but the one positive thing about it is that now I at least know that those poses doesn't work in the piece.

So I will be using the max-file to show my wip on that tomorrow since I haven't got all my storytelling poses yet, and therefore haven't timed anything out yet.


I also picked up the lip sync-task again today. I've been working accordin to the feedback I got, so I'm trying to make it less "drifty". I'm struggling a bit with this task, but hopefully I will get some additional feedback tomorrow.

Here's a preview of the piece:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar