lørdag 28. januar 2012

Saturday

Today I've worked on the things I mentioned last night; fingers, knees, facial-expressions and lip sync. I found some hiccups here an there in the animation that I apparently had overseen yesterday, such as a twisting wrists and shoulder-pops. Guess the old eyes needed a rest since I didn't notice that yesterday.

I have also done some work on the actual scene to make it fit the character and trying to work on an additional camera-angle.. I'm not sure if I'm going to use more than one, but Siobhan mentioned that I cold use another angle to show the wink better. So far I haven't found a camera angle to cut to that I like and I must admit that I'm quite novice when it comes to camera-use. I will try and make time to solve this properly (It's probably better to leave it out if I can't figure out how to make it fit.)

I'm also feeling the time-pressure, so I'm going to put on a overnight render tomorrow or Monday just to be on the safe-side. I could use the render-farm if I need to do a new render, but better safe than sorry.
I also know taht I need all the time I can get to finish the presenter in time for hand-in.

Here is a preview of the piece:



I need to do some adjustments on the hand-movement in the beginning, and there are still some floaty expressions that I need to look at. (Will fix this tomorrow I think)

I've struggled a lot with the big hand-moves on this task, just the slightest adjustment to a curve rotates and repositions the entire hand completely. It's the FK on the arms that causes this, and also the fact that when I blocked this I didn't know the "Keith Lango method" for building breakdowns, but know I know I need to watch these things when I build the poses. So, again; even though the result might not be as good as I hoped, I've learned a lot from it and I will hopefully just become better and animate in a more clever way in the future!

To end this post I'll include some sketches, two from a trip to the mall and three from the gym.
Those from the gym are hard to explain because I don't know what the girl was up to, so I'm just guessing it's some sort of yoga.. Heh.

Here you go:





Oh, one last thing: I came upon this great blog by, Bobby Podesta.

http://bobbypodesta.tumblr.com/


And I found this post so very inspiring, it's about work-routines:

http://bobbypodesta.tumblr.com/post/16170179938/you-get-up-when


Bobby Podesta has quite the report-oar, here is his list from www.Imdb.com:


Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (short) (lead animator)

2006
Mater and the Ghostlight (video short) (supervising animator)

2006
Cars (directing animator)

2004
The Incredibles (animator)

2003
Finding Nemo (animator)

2001
Monsters, Inc. (animator, character developer)

1999
Toy Story 2 (animator, story artist)

1998
A Bug's Life (animator)

- Impressive!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar