mandag 23. januar 2012

Moved into linear, preparations for polish and some sketches.

Today I moved into linear on the "song & dance"-task. Found out that it was about time to do that since we got about a week and a half left on this module and that I still have a lot to do on the "presenter"-task.

It's working a lot better than I expected though, I usually get a lot of gimbals (elbow and knee pops) and other strange movements when I move into linear, but it seems like the way I have approached this task solved a lot of the problems I tend to get. It's not perfect of course, but since I built in my breakdowns with a bit of help from he computer there is a lot less problems so far. (As I mentioned earlier I have tried to work the way Keith Lango shows in his tutorial on overlap)

Will post a preview of the animation later.

I have also started to prepare for the polish, it's a lot of work left before I'm at that point, but Penny posted a lot of good articles on the subject in the MA-group on Facebook today so I decided I could read up on it.
I had read all except one before, but they are all so useful that I found out I could read them all again.

I really found this sentences important to take note of:

"When I'm polishing a shot, that means that all of my timing and movements are working and approved and I'm just adding the very finishing touches to the shot before I'm finito. So when I start my polishing pass, I am certainly not going to be making any big changes to action or timing."

Quote taken from: http://www.animationtipsandtricks.com/2009/04/what-is-your-workflow-to-polish-shot.html

I know I've done a lot of major changes in polish before, so this is worth keeping in mind!

I also took a break from animation, but since I feel a certain pressure on time I decided to limit my sketching to what I saw from my window. There was a football-match going on, so I really got to do some "speed-sketching"!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar