søndag 15. januar 2012

Breaking it down

Still working on the breakdowns on the song & dance-task.
Today I've mainly focused on the areas that needed more poses. So I sat down and watched throug ha preview of the whole animation, over and over again. Then I start taking notes where I need to put in additional poses. I also draw down some really rough sketches of how a pose might look to make it easier for me when I pose.



I've also experimented with breaking joints in this task, which is really interesting!
Here is a clip of it in stepped mode:



I feel it really adds some real force to the arm swing. This might be a bit exaggerated and I might tone it down a bit, but as an example it really shows how you can trick our eyes into buying this as a forceful swing, while in real life this would never happen. But why not stretch beyond what's realistic if it helps us to bring more appeal to motion?

It also seems to be working in linear mode:



So, that was a fun experience, really "learning by doing" while working on this task!

Anyway, here is a wip_clip of the piece as it looks so far. (Still in stepped mode):

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar