tirsdag 15. mai 2012

Research and concept art for the apartment

So I have been doing some research on the apartment/house that our female character "Jen" lives in. The location we had in mind when writing the script was New York, and I decided to try and look up "street-apartments" online. I pictured apartments I've seen in different American sit-coms such as "Friends" and "How I met your mother":
(image taken from: http://veryaware.com/2010/11/how-i-met-your-mother-season-6-episode-7/how-i-met-your-mother-13/) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The most significant feature to me is that all the houses on the street look fairly similar and that they have stairs leading down to a busy street. The way we could make Jen's house separate from the others is by putting a flower-pot, or maybe light it so that one door stands out from the others. This is something we can figure out later I guess. But I did some searching online for images to use for architectural reference. I picked out different examples of buildings that could work nicely for our scene and assembled them:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Inspired by the architectural styles I did some concepts of my own. In my concepts the backgrounds are a bit less "urban".. I tried to work wit the fact that the couple is going to the park, so instead of showing a city in the first bit and then moving on to a park I pictured it might be nice to have the park in the same area so the whole mood will be a bit brighter and more colourful. Think the style of the film might look nicer that way, but then again; It's just concepts..

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar