søndag 29. april 2012

Thoughts about the module

So another module is coming to an end, or to be honest it is actually over but due to the one week extension we are still hard at work. I must say I have enjoyed this module a lot. The module has been all about the actual acting and Siobhan has encouraged us to get up from our chairs and move around in class, which ended up with us having a lot of fun in class. And it's been useful, so useful. I never really thought much about my characters personalities, I knew they had to have one but this module has shown me how much of a difference good planning actually does. We got the basics in the previous module, and that allowed us to think a bit further when we started this one. The mime-task was really good that way, especially as preparation for the next big task at hand: The final year project. We spent weeks and weeks planning the mime and I think it shows in everyones work that the planning-process has helped us do better and better work. So even though the last couple of days has been all work and a few hours shut-eye in total to make sure we finish as strong as possible, it's been such a great experience. And I must add what has been a small victory for me, I have managed to finish two animation-pieces in Maya. I had never done anything in it before this module so i am very happy with the fact that i actually managed to do that this time. Iv'e said that I would start using it so many times before, but the "fear" of messing up a piece has made me stick to 3dsMax. So agian: a big thank you goes out to Scott Ramasay for helping me out throughout this module. Cheers man! - Next up is editing the 11 second club and uploading that and the mime to the blog, but I need some rest before I do so. (I will make a separate page for this as I have done for the other modules so the final animation-pieces will be posted there.)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar