søndag 26. februar 2012

Character profile: The Director

Today I worked out the profile for our director-character. Even though he is just "a voice" in the actual piece, he is still very important. The director is in a way our main character, he is "the star" in the film. If we use Ed Hooks' formula for telling a story:

Action -> Obstacle -> Objective

The action is to watch the mimes do their auditions and the objective is to find the right mime for he role. The mimes in our film are actually the obstacle (along with the directors personality)
It is what prevents him from reaching his objective.

When I sat down to write the profile I needed a name for our director to make it easier for me to write the story. I decided to name him "Gary Resvick". The name is an anagram of
"Ricky Gervais" (which was our main source of reference for this character),
I thought that this would be a fun addition to the story.

Anyway, here is the character profile for Gary:






And here is the character's development in the scene:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar