onsdag 26. oktober 2011

Show and tell and video refrence for the walk animation.

Today was the second show and tell. Yet again there was a lot of fun animations on display, really enjoy these sessions. They are both entertaining and helpful at once.

The feedback I got was to add a little more tail movement when the squirrel lands on the nut to make it act more like the behaviour seen in the rest of the animation. Sounded like the rest of it was working pretty good, so I'm quite pleased with that.

After that one of the students asked Penny if it was possible to use book the green screen-studio to shoot our walk-references. She got right on it and we actually got to use the studio from 2-5 today. Almost the entire class showed up so we all got 3-4 versions of our shots with different actors to get more variety in the shots. I am not completely sure if I am happy about my reference yet, I'll have to have another look at them when they get uploaded to the server. (The reason for this being that I had not thought about the walk yet, still working on the poses. I had a brief idea of what I wanted, but it might be a bit too much of a cliché..)

The idea is based on what I saw on my way into town the other day;

A huge "macho-guy" was walking towards me. He had his arms way out to the sides, chest held high. There was a zebra-crossing between us, and as we approached it the guy still looked kind of threatening, until he pressed the button and had to wait to cross the road. My initial thought was; "He's not stopping for anything" - But he did stop, and he suddenly "fell into" a much more relaxed and non-threatening pose, almost as he's inner self came through the "tough shell" for a brief moment. When the lights went green he suddenly went back to his macho pose and started walking all macho towards me again.

The references I got today might have been a bit too exaggerated, but I'll just have to wait and see. There is still time to redo the reference if I need to.


Otherwise I am working on my poses, still drawing and trying to come up with new stories for the characters and settings to put him/her in. I think I will be working on this for a while, the better the drawings are the easier it will be to pose the rig when I eventually open 3dsMAX. Good planning is just as valid for this task as any other even though there is no actual motion, so I think it will be useful for me to do it in that order.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar