onsdag 7. mars 2012

Key poses in Maya

So I've started working on my key-poses. Using both the reference-video and pose-sheet as my base and exaggerate and push my poses in Maya.



Good tip on how to push your poses without "breaking them":

http://keithlango.blogspot.com/2008/09/pushing-poses.html

So far I find Maya surprisingly "forgiving", especially since I've been a 3dsMax-user for almost four years.. The navigation was my big issue in the beginning, but that has almost become second nature. But ask me to do any sort of modeling or changing a texture, switch on a light or so on and I promise you I'll stare at you with a blank face.. But luckily Scott has been a champion on the 3D-part of this project, he's really made it possible for me to just focus on the animation.

I have been cheating a bit today, meaning I used a primitive (cylinder) to help me pose the rope poses. Mainly just to make sure the hands are in the right position when I repose the character. I think it might be a good solution since the clue to a good "mime-rope" is remembering the distance between your hands and the actual size and weight of the rope.



I have done some research on it and I found this video particularly useful for the rope:



- That's it for today I think, will pick this up again tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar