onsdag 14. mars 2012

Break downs

So I showed my animation to Siobhan after today's lecture and got some more feedback. There was more interaction between Alfonso and the off screen director now, so happy about that. The sound needed trimming though, not enough time for him to think was the most important and useful feedback that I got.
So when I got home I edited the soundclip, it was about 25 seconds before, but after trimming it and adding longer pauses between the commands from the director I ended up on about 30 seconds.
Personally I think it's working a lot better with the edited version, but I also discovered that I may have "bitten over a bit more than I can chew" when it came to all the actions the character re going through in the clip.
I decided to tone it down, so that he does the a bit less rope pulling and a bit more thinking and reacting. So I have "killed some of my children" today.
(and by children I mean poses - obiously. Hehe)

I also changed it so that he is waving in the beginning instead of turning around, he looks more excited which shows his mood and personality from frame 1.

I think it looks better after I got rid of some of the performance (rope pulling) and rather try to show the fact that he tries hard to understand what the director says - but still does the wrong thing -> while believing what he does is correct.

Here is a playblast of how it looks at the moment:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar