tirsdag 27. desember 2011

A bit of planning

I have put the lipsync task on hold for a little while, so that I can continue working on it with a fresh pair of eyes later on.

So, after a constant loop of the songs for the song and dance task I have decided to go for the "feeling good" clip. It's the one that seems most interesting to me, I also really enjoy both the song and the performance and that helps when you know your going to be listening to it A LOT. Hehe.
I wanted to do one of the Queen songs as well, but they all sort of built up to where it gets good, but then the clip ended.. And in "feeling good" I get what I'm looking for.

- There is a build up in the song, and then a "pay off".
It's that moment when he stops singing and the orchestra start playing in the background that really made me want to animate that song.
(Hope that made sense.. Hehe..)

I watched a few performances on youtube as well, I want to try and do an emotional performance, make it look like the character feels strongly about what he is singing.
So I watched different types of performances to get ideas, but so far my opinion is that it's a single performer with a microphone-stand - alone, emotional, closed eyes, etc..

Here are some examples of performances I watched to get inspiration:







Only one of these are really relevant to this clip, and that's Michael Buble's version of "Feeling Good", but it's nothing better than keeping an open mind. I might steal a bit from Elvis and Tom just to make it more interesting. I'll definitively keep watching performances in case i see something I want to try and incorporate in the animation.

Here are some of my planning. This is just sketches and the lyrics, nothing is decided yet.
- It's mainly to show what I have in mind and what I have acted out so far.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar